Louis , and the true accounts of madness and violence that really did occur in Wisconsin in the late nineteenth century. But there were other things I loved about this book. I loved the quality of the prose, and the dark shadows that lurked around the edges of every line.
I loved the sense of anticipation, and futility, and doom, all the more so because hope is not all lost. That said, and while on the one hand I quite enjoyed the narrow focus of the novel and its spotlight on passion and manipulation, I finished it feeling somewhat empty and untouched. And that was truly disappointing. I had this one on the wishlist because of a couple of reviews and then after reading a couple more decided to remove it.
So now I have to put it back on again — how fickle am I?! People seem to have a love or hate relationship with this book. Shannon Reply: June 22nd, at am. You can use these HTML tags.
Name required. Email will not be published required. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.
- Robert Goolrick.
- Robert Goolrick?
- A Reliable Wife: When Passion turns to Poison;
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- A Reliable Wife: When Passion turns to Poison - Robert Goolrick - Google Books.
- Shopping Cart!
Subscribe via Email. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive new posts by email. Featured Posts.
Fancy Words for the Sophisticated Reader Want to spice up your reviews with some fancy-sounding words? Here's a list to get you started. But what IS a dystopia, really?
- Using Forensic DNA Evidence at Trial: A Case Study Approach;
- Summary and reviews of A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick.
- Interior design visual presentation : a guide to graphics, models, and presentation techniques.
- a RELIABLE Wife When Passion Turns to Poison by Goolrick Robert for sale online | eBay;
- Passar bra ihop!
- Thirty-Six Vocalises for Soprano: No. 20.
Top Ten Books Read in My ten favourite books read last year. On Writing "Reviews", or whatever you want to call them What is it we book bloggers do here? Are we writing reviews or just sharing our thoughts? What IS a book review, anyway? Recently Read.
A Reliable Wife
A Reliable Wife on Apple Books
Robert Goolrick. Rural Wisconsin, In the bitter cold, Ralph Truitt, a successful businessman, stands alone on a train platform waiting for the woman who answered his newspaper advertisement for "a reliable wife. She is both complex and devious, haunted by a terrible past and motivated by greed.